Tuesday, June 16, 2020

The Supreme Court ruling regarding discrimination.

Not surprisingly, I am relieved to see the legal casuistry moving beyond outmoded and vicious stereotyping regarding sex and gender diversity. Religious shrieks and moans don't reach my ears.
I grew into a hellish landscape in the 1950s and it took many years and misadventures beyond telling before I was able to bring relatively dispassionate attention to my own situation.

What is now indisputable is that there are many gradations and complex nuances surrounding some simple personal realities that are akin to handedness, body height, and understandings about somatotype designations. I am who I have always been and I will be me until I pass from this mortal realm. Others may prefer their versions of such realities but no one - no one - has the right to define for me what I know I am.

There is no room for religious orthodoxy in such statements as these. This is about knowledge, not belief. Hypocrisy is commonplace in many belief systems and there are readily avaiable aphorisms
to bring to bear: "Physician heal thyself", "suum quique", caution about throwing a first stone ...
mere language fails to convey the utter terror victims experience when their very essence is castigated by ignorant and hateful people. Religion is a distraction, weaponized to assert power and hegemony.

It almost killed me and it continues to slash and burn innocence, to torture and murder with impunity.

Trump holding a bible would be risible were it not for the brutal attacks he brought with him on his walk of infamy. Now he and his handlers are subscribing to the meme of "acceptable levels of mega death" that we haven't heard in public discourse since the time of John F. Kennedy. The mindless adoration Trump  requires is creating a death cult and its members will expire in a multitude of lives cut short before their time. Do not expect religion to stand in the way of this brute. Death will put an end to him and his ilk.




No comments: